Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

This is always so personal for me. I don't know about you, but I take my resolutions very seriously. So here I am to share them with you and maybe you will all be able to keep me accountable.

This year is a big one for me. I have some big stakes at hand for me in my resolutions this year. I've decided to take some risks.

1. I will travel to three different countries.
Granted, one will likely be the USA, but to make it to other countries will require saving money and planning and generally stepping out of the box. I don't know which countries or time limits, but I have a few ideas I am playing around with and I'm excited for what could potentially happen.

2. I will make decisions based solely on what I want, not on what others think.
I feel like a lot of what I do is based on other people's opinions of me and I am realizing so SLOWLY that this makes me unhappy. I am going to do more this year of what I want to do, regardless of what people think. Life is too short to live it according to other people, you know?

3. I will rekindle my love for dancing.
Dancing has always gone in phases for me. Sometimes I LOVE IT SO MUCH and other times, I could miss it without a second thought. It seems like lately I am just not into it at all. I've been going to the events and socializing instead of dancing.


4. I will finish the Heartland Bible Challenge.
My church has a 2 Year Bible reading program that is officially taking me 3 years.... But I will finish it this year, for sure.


5. I will learn to make 5 good suppers.
It's not like I don't know how to make any food, don't get me wrong. I just excel at making breakfasts. Anything with eggs and cheese. And I can do the easy stuff, like grilled cheese sandwiches. I'm also fairly adept at desserts. But I need to learn some more grown up meals.


6. Figure out my future.
Obviously this wouldn't be a real New Year's resolution list without some sort of resolution that had no way to measure success. I just need to have an idea of where I am going for the next couple of years by the end of 2012. Nothing major.

I can't wait to see where I am this time next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment